YEREVAN, September 9. / ARKA /. Ameriabank CEO Artak Hanesyan said the bank plans to increase the credit portfolio of its Stepanakert branch in Nagorno-Karabakh Republic (NKR) to $10 million in the next two years.
"We hope that under a new program, we have launched here, we will provide $500,000 worth loans a month. We also plan to increase the credit portfolio of our branch by $10 million in two years," he said at the reopening of the branch in the capital of Nagorno-Karabakh Republic.
Currently, the credit portfolio of the Stepanakert branch stand at approximately $15 million.
Ameriabank has been present in NKR for five years investing heavily in its economy. Under the new program it will focus on lending to small and medium-sized businesses, as well as on providing retail banking services, including consumer credits and services to cardholders.
Currently, the branch’s loan portfolio is dominated by corporate loans, whose share make approximately 80 %,. The remaining 20 % are retail lending.
Ameriabank director of retail banking operations, Arman Barsegyan, said those who will purchase credit cards called "You are the future of Artsakh" until December 8 , will enjoy for the year a string of benefits , including a 1% rebate on mortgage loans.
The opening ceremony was attended by NKR president Bako Sahakyan and other officials.
Ameriabank is a universal bank providing investment, corporate and retail banking services in the form of a comprehensive package of banking solutions. -0-