Russian delegation expected in Armenia for looking into Nairit plant

Russian delegation expected in Armenia for looking into Nairit plant

YEREVAN, December 4. /ARKA/. Instructed by Russia’s president Putin a special delegation will be sent to Armenia for studying the capacities and developing an action plan to modernize Nairit chemical plant, head of Armenian president’s administration Vigen Sargsyan told reporters Tuesday.

There is a Russian investor now who is interested in resuming operations at the plant to produce not only rubber, but end product, tires for instance, Sargsyan said.

In September Rosneft said it will make up its mind whether it will participate in Nairit project after completion of the audit and the negotiations with Armenia’s government on terms of involvement.

In particular, Rosneft may be interested in chloroprene rubber production at Nairit. Jacobs Consultancy Ltd carried out technical and environmental audit chloroprene rubber production in August this year.

Apart from this, Rosneft agreed a delegation from its partner company, Pirelli, will visit the plant to evaluate and assess possible fields of cooperation.

Nairit was the only plant in the Soviet Union to produce chloroprene rubber.  The plant was closed in 1989 for environmental reasons and resumed operations partially in 1992.  In 2001, some production facilities were separated from the plant for producing chloroprene rubber and a debt-free enterprise based on them was established.  In 2006, 90% of Nairit’s shares were sold to British Rainoville Property Lim ited for $40 million. The remaining 10% belong to the Armenian government. Rhinоville Property Lim ited has been co-founded by the Samex company (Poland), Intertex (USA) and Evrogaz (Russia). In 2010 production was suspended at the plant. –0--

14:42 04.12.2013

Comments (0)
 

« April 2014

Mon
Tue
Wed
Thu
Fri
Sat
Sun
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
 
 
 
 
Username:
Password:

Registration
If you are new on the site, please fill out the registration form.

Enter the website you can use your account on any of the following services.

×