YEREVAN, July 30. /ARKA/. Russia’s Oktogo.ru online hotel booking service has singled out top ten popular tourist destinations among resorts in the Commonwealth of Independent States and post-Soviet space in summer 2014.
The agency has included in its rating the resorts where one-week-long staying, including accommodation, meal and excursions, costs no more than 25,000 Russian rubles and which are no more than three hours’ drive from the countries’ capitals.
Top Ten Summer Resorts in CIS Space for Independent Travelers from Russia:
1. Lake Issyk Kul (Kyrgyzstan)
2. Resort Borovoe (Kazakhstan)
3. Lake Narach (Belarus)
4. Gagry (the Black Sea, Abkhazia)
5. Khudat (Caspian resort in Azerbaijan)
6. Jurmala (Gulf of Riga, Latvia)
7. Lake Sevan (Armenia)
8. Palanga (Baltic resort, Lithuania)
9. Batumi (the Black Sea, Georgia)
10. Vadul lui Voda (Dnester, Moldova).
Sevan is one of the largest mountainous lakes in Europe and Asia. It sits in the middle of Armenian Highland at an altitude of 1914 meters. The lake’s water surface is 1,500 square kilometers.
Sevan is the main resource of drinking water in the region.
Oktogo.ru is a flagship online hotel reservation service with more than 350,000 hotels worldwide and the biggest number of Russia’s hotels on its website..-0----